Wittering Parish Room Fund
In 1913 the land and buildings at number 1 Towns End Road Wittering were gifted to the Parish by William Thomas Brownlow Cecil 5th Marquess of Exeter.
The Trustees that received the gift on behalf of the village were Reverend Sidney Brougham Warde Rector of All Saints church Wittering and Percy Richard Turnill and Robert Henry Munton the churchwardens.
In 1967 the Charity Commission agreed that the building on Towns End Road could be sold. The premises first played host to Barclays Bank before becoming the current Chinese food takeaway.
Part of the proceeds of the sale were used to build the ground floor of the vestry at the side of the historic Saxon village church. The rest of the proceeds of the sale were invested and today they produce a small annual income that can be spent for the general benefit of the inhabitants of the Parish of Wittering for which provision is not made out of rates, taxes or other public funds.
Today these funds are managed by a Board of Trustees comprising The House Director of the Burghley House Trust, The Rector and Churchwardens of All Saints Wittering and a nominative Trustee from Wittering Parish Council.
The Board of Trustees welcomes applications from individuals and groups based in the parish of Wittering that falls within the stated aims of the charity. The Parish Room Fund is a registered charity no 254472 and contact details can be found on the .gov.uk website.
For more information please email: firstname.lastname@example.org