WITTERING PARISH COUNCIL
Minutes of the Annual Meeting of Parishioners held at 7.00 pm on 18th May 2017 In the Wittering Bowls’ Club Pavilion
Richard Roffe (Chairman)
Mr M Davies, Community Devt Officer, RAF Wittering.
Deirdre McCumiskey, Clerk to the Council
Six Members of the Public
1. APOLOGIES FOR ABSENCE
There were apologies for absence from Roger Paull, James Russell and Wg Cdr M Ainsworth, OC Support Wing.
2. MINUTES of the Annual Meeting of Parishioners held on 2nd June 2016 were reviewed, approved and signed by the Chairman.
3. CHAIRMAN’S REPORT FOR COUNCIL YEAR 2016/2017
This was read out by the Chairman.
4. PUBLIC PARTICIPATION
The Members of the Public had the following issues to raise:-
• Cessation of maintenance of the military graves in the churchyard by RAF Wittering. Mr Davies agreed to investigate.
• Overgrown bushes/trees between the gap between the two fences on the RAF Camp boundary and several residents’ boundaries which are causing problems with walls and roofs, etc.
• The flooding of the drains opposite and down Boxer Road and on Old Oundle Road. The Chairman said that Anglian Water were responsible for the drains down Boxer Road.
• Disappointment that the archived paperwork from meetings from the previous Wittering A1 Flyover Group had been destroyed.
• The gate via the path by the chicken farm (which connects Home Farm to Thornhaugh village) is still locked despite the end of the avian flu risk. The Parish Councillors gave their support for the residents of Home Farm to make an application to Peterborough City Council for the path to be registered as a footpath.
There being no further business to discuss, the Chairman closed the meeting at 8.00 pm
SIGNED _________________________________ DATE /18