WITTERING PARISH COUNCIL
Minutes of the Annual General Meeting of the 2017/2018 Parish Council held at 7.30 pm on 18th May 2017 in the Wittering Bowls’ Club Pavilion
Richard Roffe (Chairman)
Mr M Davies, Community Devt Officer, RAF Wittering.
Deirdre McCumiskey, Clerk to the Council
Six Members of the Public
1. APOLOGIES FOR ABSENCE
There were apologies for absence from Roger Paull, James Russell and Wg Cdr M Ainsworth, Office Commanding Support Wing
2. DECLARATIONS OF INTEREST
Simon Hurn declared an interest in his on-going work for the Parish Council.
3. APPOINTMENT OF CHAIRMAN AND VICE CHAIRMAN
The Clerk asked for nominations for Chairman. Sharon Polden nominated Richard Roffe. This was seconded by Simon Hurn. There were no further nominations so Richard Roffe was duly elected Chairman.
The Chairman asked for nominations for Vice Chairman. Simon Hurn nominated Geoff Dunkley. This was seconded by John Bradshaw. There were no further nominations so Geoff Dunkley was duly elected Vice Chairman.
4. POLICE MATTERS
There were no police representatives present.
5. MINUTES of the Fifth Meeting of the 2016/2017 Parish Council held on 23rd March 2017 were reviewed, approved unanimously and signed by the Chairman
Proposed by:- Simon Hurn Seconded by:- Sharon Polden
6. MATTERS ARISING
i) Wittering A1 Flyover Campaign Group
John Bradshaw reported on a successful meeting with representatives of RAF Wittering held on 4th May 2017. He confirmed that everyone that had attended agreed to use the design drawn up in 2009. He is in the process of arranging a meeting with John Holdich, Leader of PCC.
ii) Dropped Kerbs
Lewis Banks of PCC had suggested adding an extra section of the footpath onto the grass next to the Spar Shop. It was agreed that the Clerk will arrange a site visit and the Chairman and Vice Chairman will attend.
As James Russell was not present, it was agreed to defer the decision about the purchase of a Defibrillator until the next meeting.
iv) Wittering Football Club – Yearly Equipment Grant
The Chairman reported that the building a new doorway between the changing rooms at the Wittering Football Club had cost £1,724.01 excluding VAT. The Parish Councillors felt that, because of this expense, they would not be willing to consider funding a line marker storage facility until 2018/2019.
v) Sports & Social Club Refurbishment
The Chairman suggested that the refurbishment/renewal of the kitchen in the Parish Hall is delayed until the winter when it may be possible to negotiate a cheaper quotation.
Crossleys Garden Village – the Parish Councillors expressed their grave concerns about this potential development.
i) Statement and Bank Reconciliation at 31st March 2017 was reviewed and approved unanimously as presented.
Proposed by:- John Bradshaw
Seconded by:- Simon Hurn
ii) Statement and Bank Reconciliation at 30th April 2017 was reviewed and approved unanimously as presented.
Proposed by:- John Bradshaw
Seconded by:- Simon Hurn
iii) The Accounts for the Year Ended 31st March 2017 had been audited by Karen Jones of Thornhaugh and the Annual Return will be signed by the by the Clerk and the Chairman.
iv) Replacement of Outside Seating at the Parish Hall
The Chairman had obtained a quotation of £5,478 including VAT to replace the six concrete end timber tables located outside the Sports & Social Club. As the existing tables are over twenty years old and in poor condition, the Parish Councillors agreed to go ahead with this quotation. Simon Hurn will remove the existing tables.
v) Servicing of the Boilers at the Parish Hall
The Chairman reported that the boilers at the Parish Hall have been serviced and the boiler at the Wittering Football Club is due to be serviced shortly.
9. PUBLIC PARTICIPATION
The Members of the Public had raised the following issues at the Annual Parish Meeting:-• Cessation of maintenance of the military graves in the churchyard by RAF Wittering. Mr Davies agreed to investigate.
• Cessation of maintenance of the military graves in the churchyard by RAF Wittering. Mr Davies agreed to investigate.
• Overgrown bushes/trees between the gap between the two fences on the RAF Camp boundary and several residents’ boundaries which are causing problems with walls and roofs, etc
• The flooding of the drains opposite and down Boxer Road and on Old Oundle Road. The Chairman said that Anglian Water were responsible for the drains down Boxer Road.• Disappointment that the archived paperwork from meetings from the previous Wittering A1 Flyover Group had been destroyed.
• Disappointment that the archived paperwork from meetings from the previous Wittering A1 Flyover Group had been destroyed.• The gate via the path by the chicken farm (which connects Home Farm to Thornhaugh village) is still locked despite the end of the avian flu risk. The Parish Councillors gave their support for the residents of Home Farm to make an application to Peterborough City Council for the path to be registered as a footpath.
• The gate via the path by the chicken farm (which connects Home Farm to Thornhaugh village) is still locked despite the end of the avian flu risk. The Parish Councillors gave their support for the residents of Home Farm to make an application to Peterborough City Council for the path to be registered as a footpath.
John Bradshaw expressed his thanks to Robin Dunlop who has constructed a bridge across the stream near the footpath.
Mr Davies stated that the Community Centre on the RAF Camp is unusable due to an electric problem and he wanted to know whether he could use the Parish Hall for the Mothers & Toddlers’ Group. The Chairman said that this was not possible and Mr Davies said that he would continue to try and find an alternative venue.
Sharon Polden reported that the grass needs cutting at the top of Boxer Road.
Simon Hurn reported that yellow lines are due to be painted on the road at the junction of Hillside Gardens with Townsend Road.
11. DATE OF NEXT MEETING
The Second Meeting of the 2017/2018 Parish Council will take place on 27th July 2017 at 7.30 pm in the Wittering Bowls’ Club Pavilion.
There being no further business to discuss, the Chairman closed the meeting at 9.40 pm
SIGNED _________________________________ DATE 27/07/17